SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Loncdl

06-03-2012 11:43 PM

Morning Thunder, I wish it was possible to "like" posts on here, Facebook-style - "it is a nursery not a chemical weapons factory" had us in stitches here!

For me, this whole debate boils down to the simple question: is the nursery causing a nuisance, or isn't it? If it was, I would be the first to support the neighbours in trying to do something about it - I still shudder at the memory of a year living in a small flat below some 3am drum'n'bass loving neighbours, and know well what misery real nuisance can cause.

But there doesn't seem to be any evidence of nuisance with this nursery at all. Having been at home during the working week for the first time since coming across this debate, I have wandered past 5 Liphook Crescent at various times of day this week, and it really is the case that you wouldn't have a clue the nursery was there if you didn't know (which I didn't, until I came across this thread). You see perhaps 1 or 2 cars on the street within a 30 metre radius (very possibly unconnected with the nursery), and could otherwise hear a pin drop. The idea that this is the "thin end of the wedge" and that if the nursery is allowed Sainsbury's will soon be popping up on the Triangle is just risible.

Despite all that, I do think it is a shame we are talking about a vote of no confidence in the TLERA committee. While like many others I think they have got it wrong on this one, I don't doubt that TLERA does a good job on many others and is generally a force for good for the community. I wonder if some sort of compromise is possible, e.g. they admit they misjudged the mood and back down on Piplings, in return for the confidence motion being dropped?

It'll be an interesting meeting...

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Loncdl - 06-03-2012 11:43 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison