SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
ladywotlunches

05-03-2012 11:12 AM

AGM's are held, but personally I find that the date is announced in a newsletter that arrives either with far too short notice to attend, or after the fact.

I'm also sure that if the current committee does feel it has no choice but to resign, due to a vote of no confidence, that there are more than enough people to put in the work required to fulfil the committee's responsibilities.

The work that is done now could be made to run much more efficiently - the newsletter is quarterly and if contributions from local residents were accepted (rather than just written by the committee) it would release some of the workload; the website could be updated and made more relevant in about 2 days (the time it took to create the Friends of Piplings site which is much more up to date than TLERA, which still has a newsletter from about 2006 as the 'latest news'). Membership could be collected more efficiently (I know a lot about this side in particular), and the events are relatively low key and everyone chips in - other than the Fireworks night which I can see would take a substantial amount of organising but could still be done.

So, in conclusion, if residents feel that they still want an association to represent them fairly, they should not feel concerned that the resignation of the current committee will mean the end of TLERA - it could in fact be the beginning of something much more representative of the neighbourhood.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - ladywotlunches - 05-03-2012 11:12 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison