SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Ciej

27-02-2012 02:30 AM

I have been following this disagreement from afar. Based on what I have read, I support the nursery, but as I am not local to the dispute I haven't deigned to add my voice to the discussion, save for signing the nursery's petition as I have a child of nursery age. However, I would like to make the following observations:

1) Jacks' posts about the owner of Piplings' private life are disappointing to say the least. Shame on you, Jacks.
2) Admin - you had better hope that none of Jacks' comments were defamatory. This discussion is clearly getting messier and messier and the participants have shown themselves to be litigious - it is not beyond the realms of possibility that you may find yourself joined to a defamation action*, which would be entirely unfair.
3) Residents of TLERA who run non-dentist, -doctor or -solicitor businesses from your home address, you will need to be nice to your neighbours from now on. If this action is successful, the precedent set will likely mean that your neighbours will be able to shut you down simply by applying to court to have the covenant enforced.

Other than that, does anyone know is a date set for the court hearing? It seems to me that this is the final piece of the puzzle.

------------------

Disclaimer: I haven't studied defamation since I left Uni, but at that time the most recent authority held that publishing a defamation made you liable for it as a joint tortfeasor. I'd welcome an update from any other legal professionals who may be lurking, but most importantly I'd encourage a bit of discussion on this to remind people what is and is not appropriate to reveal about people's private lives in a public forum.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Ciej - 27-02-2012 02:30 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,009 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison