SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
ladywotlunches

12-02-2012 12:43 PM

Saddened - unfortunately you really don't seem to understand what I, and 47 other signatories to the request for an SGM, want to achieve from this meeting. It is not a TLERA 'witch hunt' as you seem to suggest, but a simple way to discuss open and honestly with all parties what has happened in this nursery case. Despite repeated requests for TLERA to meet with Piplings, they still point blank refuse. Calling an SGM is our only remaining way to get everyone in a room together.

Indeed these are busy people, and it has only been 5 days. I certainly would'nt have expected a meeting to have happened by now, but at least a suggestion of when and where it might happen could surely have been communicated by now, at least to the requestors? Instead, it seems the committee has chosen to use their time to run down the list, and go visiting (late in the evening themselves) to try and indicate that the request for a meeting is something different to that the signatories agreed to.

All we, and a growing group of other residents, want, is a discussion as to what has happened here. And also, it would be a great opportunity to talk through TLERAs remit on the estate. Increasingly they seem to object on the grounds of any changes, good or bad in the community. I hear recently that they strongly objected to the improvements in Horniman Gardens, citing that this would be the "thin end of the wedge" for developments in our public spaces. Does that phrase ring any bells??

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - ladywotlunches - 12-02-2012 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,005 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison