SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Saddened

12-02-2012 12:00 PM

As a shamefully inactive TLERA member , I’m trying to apply a bit of reasoning to the recent posts by ladywotlunches and roz about TLERA

There was a suggestion on this (public) forum that TLERA should be wound up by a 2/3 majority and the funds given to a pro-Piplings TLERA. (I realize it was retracted later, but nevertheless it was posted and gave rise to a lot of consternation on the hill.)

In addition, ladywotlunches has just posted that you want “a vote of confidence in the current committee members.” (though you have worded it “confidence” and not "no-confidence", you do not show much confidence in TLERA yourself! )

I have also heard people talking about getting the current committee to resign.

So we have heard, on public forums, 3 separate threats to the TLERA committee. Is it then so wrong for someone who has been attacked to gather information for defending TLERA? It seems to me entirely reasonable. I have heard from many people who have been disturbed, even after 9pm, to sign petitions for Piplings. Is only one side of the argument allowed to knock on doors?

As for this “stalling” over calling a meeting. Do we really know they are stalling, or is this just another unwarranted attack on TLERA? I’m asking myself how long it takes to find a date and book a venue for several hundred people – and then to print invitations, giving the required amount of notice. I would guess it would take a week or two, at the very least.

Jason posted : 06-02-2012 10:31 PM
As a result of the ongoing action against Piplings Nursery, correspondence has this evening been sent to the Chairman of The Tewkesbury Lodge Residents Association requesting a Special General Meeting.
That is only 5 full days ago! And the TLERA people are working people, who do TLERA work voluntarily in their free time. Please, can’t we give them a break from this incessant and unreasonable criticism?

Roz then asked: “Is there no way a group of residents can set up this meeting themselves then invite the membership. ??”

Please note that my next remark is tongue-in-cheek: If I were a TLERA committee member I’d reply , “Great, go ahead, with all the planning, work and expense involved.”

But I’m not – so please don’t take that seriously. Just think about the unreasonableness of constantly carping on about TLERA, and give them a reasonable amount of time to get the invitations out.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Saddened - 12-02-2012 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison