SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Loncdl

07-02-2012 11:31 PM

Dear Saddened and Co

I am pleased to see that matters have already been straightened out and poor old Jason's name cleared without me having to draw attention to the fact that it was my comment not his you referred to. However, I would also like to make clear that I was not seriously suggesting that the TLERA should be wound up. I endorse your comments, and Jason's comments, and everyone else's comments, about the good work they do. I was merely seeking to draw attention (in a way which with hindsight may not have come across as intended) to the perfectly legitimate subject for debate which is that, in this particular instance, TLERA does not appear to have complied with its own rules in relation to the calling of the SGM, or (arguably) in relation to the Pipilings issue generally, on the basis of which it asks all its members to pay their subscriptions and fund its activities. There is a certain irony about that in a debate which at heart is all about rigid compliance with rules and regulations ("covenants", I believe they're called), but hey, that's probably too obvious to have mentioned... Anyway like everyone else I am pleased by the overwhelming support there seems to have been for calling an SGM on this issue, which will hopefully take place soon and involve a cordial and respectful debate, after which we can all vote on whether we agree or disagree with what TLERA did in everyone's names on this occasion and then put this behind us.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Loncdl - 07-02-2012 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison