SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Les

04-02-2012 12:03 PM

Saddened - my basic problem with the action of the association is that it should take into account the interests of all members - not just the few objectors to the proposal. The estate is family friendly and also supports a number of home businesses - the interests of those members were ignored.

There were local objectors, and only one formal supporter to the application - but that is absolutely normal - have you ever written to support an application that benefits you? The planning process took into account the benefits of the enterprise to the community balanced against the far fetched allegations of nuisance (noise?smoking?! parking!?!?) and over-ruled the objectors.

My issue is that the association has spent money supporting an action which may (we don't know) not be supported by the majority and brings the area into disrepute. This is my only interest in this case. Of course the consensus opinion could be established if the association would call a meeting promptly - rather than apparently using delaying tactics.

This post was last modified: 04-02-2012 12:06 PM by Les.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Les - 04-02-2012 12:03 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison