SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
Hilltop

03-02-2012 12:17 PM

I have to admit to not having read all the posts on the matter so apologies if I have got any facts wrong. My family live backing onto a local primary school but we bought the house knowing this. It is noisy, but for 14 weeks of the year, during the school holidays, it is quiet. Could there not be some compromise on the part of the nursery owners as they are the ones that appear to have changed the status quo? Could their nursery not open for similar term times to the local schools? That way the neighbours would have long periods of peace and quiet, the nursery owner would not lose their livelihood completely. Of course there will be losers, namely the parents who have to work full time and need a day care nursery. I have 2 young children whom naturally I adore but I would not have bought a house next door to a day care nursery that is apparently open 51 weeks of the year. Children naturally make noise be it laughter, crying or shouting but there is a difference between living next door to a family with 4, 5 or 6 children and 20+ children and their carers and parents dropping off and picking up every weekday every week for 51 weeks of the year and for possibly years to come. A family will have some or all their children at school or nursery for large junks of the year and during school holidays may go out for trips to parks, swimming etc etc and possibly also go away for holidays etc. They will not be in the house/garden for 10 hours a day Monday to Friday 51 weeks a year and of course they grow up and eventually move away from home. That is obviously not the case with a full time day care nursery. I know how difficult it is juggling work and childcare as both my husband and I work and are dependent on carers, play schemes, friends and family but it is awful seeing how this issue is dividing this community. Could there be no such compromise with the nursery hours? By the way our solicitor drew our attention to the covenant on buying the house but said unless any business we might operate was perceived to be a nuisance or detrimental to our neighbours we would be fine. Surely if the other businesses have been operating without complaint, some of them for years ,there would be no problem with the covernant unless someone chose to enforce it?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - Hilltop - 03-02-2012 12:17 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,005 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison