SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
michael

02-02-2012 01:30 PM

'pin-drop quiet' might be a bit of an exaggeration. Even in Liphook Crescent the pleasant sound of children playing can be heard from the primary school, not to mention to noise of many cars dropping off/picking up primary school children twice a day. During the summer I have also heard loud music from the bandstand in the park drifting across the hill in the wind.

It is a nice quiet place to live, despite all the normal noises of a city, including aeroplanes overhead. But I don't think the nursery substantially changes this. I realise the immediate neighbours will be able to notice some noise from the nursery - although I am sure there are ways to mitigate this noise without closing down the nursery.

Why has nothing been done to sort this out amicably and neighbourly rather than closing down one of 50 businesses on the hill?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - michael - 02-02-2012 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,005 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison