SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

02-02-2012 12:06 PM

[i]Children are lovely, but sometimes when you are sick at home, wish to have peace of mind and relax in your garden, any noise can be umbearable, so I can understand why people in the area have reacted to that business.Like a lot of people I would love to have this sort of peace and quiet but

I am currently ill at home with flu. I would love to have total peace and quiet but until I win the lottery and can afford a mansion in the country, I appreciate that this is not possible in London. Even then I am sure I would be disturbed by the sound of the local hunt traipsing by or the sound of my butler doing the hoovering, the Fortnum and Masons delivery van coming up the drive, or our private helicopter landing on our helipad. So nowhere is perfect.

There has still been no evidence put forward about this nursery being noisy. In any case I have young children myself so it impossible. Also in order to have such peace and quiet in ones garden. To achieve the above would require moving to a sheltered housing scheme where childrens presence is heavily regulated. If these people cited above had a large family living next door to them they would still not have that that total peace and quiet which they seem to think they have a right to. Yet the area in which they live is ripe for family living and many young families are moving in. I think what we have here is really a generational and lifestyle battle between those who think they have an absolute right to no noise whatsoever, and the rest of us.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - roz - 02-02-2012 12:06 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison