SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

31-01-2012 01:59 PM

Just to say that at the nursery my children currently attend, I have never seen anyone standing outside smoking at all. I dont think you can be a smoker and do a job like that as the smell stays on your clothes and you can compromise the health of your children that way especially if any have tendencies to breathing difficulties.

I was once sent a trainee from Lewisham College on a home placement for a few months. We both filled in copious forms and had a long chat with her and and her supervisor before she started. There was so much emphasis on health and safety on both sides. She was a smoker and I only found out on her first day when she asked to go outside into the front garden- so much for health and safety then.
I was really desperate for help but dispensed with her albeit free services on the spot as a result. One of my children had just been hospitalised with bronchiolitis and had just come home- there was no way that I would entertain a smoker in close proximity to her and I dont think any respectable nurseries would do either. Unfortunately smokers do carry the smell of cigarettes around with them and it never goes away. I work with a few smokers in my office and really detest it when they all come back in from a fag break as the place reeks for ages afterwards. I doubt whether someone whose nursery is based in their home would take on a smoker either for that reason either.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - roz - 31-01-2012 01:59 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,009 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison