SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
888mate

30-01-2012 09:59 PM

I am new to this Forum and havent read all the previous postings on the subject but have been occasionally involved in the objecting process.

My observations would be:

1 The objectors are sincere

2 Before they set up the business the owners should have checked the legality of the venture with a lawyer. If they did so I assume they are now either suing the lawyer or agreeing with their opinion that it faced issues. I hope they have seen a lawyer before opening the new nursery.

3 I attended the planning meeting. The Planning Committee seemed to recommend all the proposals put forward that evening as they all complied with the Lewisham UDP. This application complied as the UDP states that residential properties should be kept as residential properties with very few exceptions one of which was where they are converted to nurseries (as long as their residential use is retained). I was told that once permission was given it was indefinite.
It was local Lewisham councillors present at the meeting who approved the application. The inclusion of the nursery clause in the Lewisham UDP is not standard in all council UDP's, and I think the application may have failed without this clause(?). The process did not in general change my view on the suitability of local government for its purpose.

4 The Nursery must have been a success for Piplings financially. They are opening a second nursery in a £1.5m property. If they have operated the current nursery for 2 years in contravention of the covenant and this has allowed them to open a new business on the back of this success then the only losers are the parents who now need to find new childcare for their children.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - 888mate - 30-01-2012 09:59 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison