SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

27-01-2012 12:51 AM

The evidence about children and parents being harassed has come from a few sources on this website. I cant verify them as I wasnt there either but I am sure the person who took the video can also vouch for this.

The anti -child conclusion is a fair one given the actions taken and the motivations behind it. There are several businesses already operating from residential homes on this estate. I do know that as I have been their customers or have made enquiries about their products and services. I can without any real effort count 9 of these such businesses. I suspect that is the tip of a very large iceberg. So why were these ventures not targeted and only Piplings. All the signs were and are that this was a mischievous campaign directed at one business.

You already have one person on the thread concerned about their impending house purchase in this area. I think that speaks volumes. No one wants to move somewhere where they think their children are going to be harangued for being children. We have thought about taking our kids to Madeira where we spent a lovely holiday once but from all the travel guides saying how kids arent really all that welcome there on the tourist trail, we wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. Why go somewhere where there is a risk that you might not be welcome.

I dont actually know whether the objectors where of a certain age. I was responding to someone talking about rights to pootle around their garden in their retirement.

Its not so much the oppositions views that are causing concern in themselves,but the lengths gone to by a group purporting to represent the interests of the residents when it seems that it did not represent their views. That however is for the members of the TLRA to sort out. It is I think acceptable for people to exercise their democratic right to protest but the behind the scenes actions here by this group seems a step too far in destroying this viable and much wanted business.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - roz - 27-01-2012 12:51 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,005 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison