SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
DerbyHillTop

24-01-2012 01:16 AM

Gingernuts,
Not self-interested, just another parent. It means I value the service even if I don't use it.
I too live in a house that has restrictive covenant of not doing a business from the premises. Now the modern technology means that someone can earn a living behind a computer screen, and one's neighbours would be none the wiser whether one's use of computer was commercial. Therefore one is breaking the covenant, but there is no impact on neighbours, the very reason for the existence of covenant in the first place. Now all those mothers who are child-minders in the area are self-employed businesses. Should we insist they all cease their trading too! (I am sure that for most of us the same covenants apply and one can always argue noise when children are about) As I understand, prior to opening as a nursery, Piplings operated as child-minders. The difference is now few more children. Not heavy machinery noise, not frequent visitors during the day, not piles of commercial waste that modern packaging produces... No, someone has objection to children being cared for!

So welcome to Forest Hill, the place where your children are not welcome!

So do forgive me that I take it personally that someone's children are not welcome. Shame on you and anyone else who puts their enjoyment before the wellbeing of future generations.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - DerbyHillTop - 24-01-2012 01:16 AM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison