SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
roz

22-01-2012 05:28 PM

A restrictive covenant is one thing, but its certainly possible to turn a blind eye to many of these as many will have origins in the past and not be really applicable now. Most people probably have no idea what restrictive covenants are attached to their own properties.

I am sure by the letter of the law this is a 'correct' decision but all the signs are and were that this is a concerted attempt to bring down this particular business. To me its just another sign of how much people in this country dislike children and do not welcome any child related activities.

I wasn't aware this had been going on but had I been I would have spoken my mind to those people I know in this residents association.

As far as other business up there are concerned, I would be very concerned if I were them. I dont see any evidence of people co existing happily up there at all. It seems to be full of narrow minded petty individuals who have too much time on their hands are just keen on protecting their own fiefdom. There is still a shortage of suitable childcare in this area which is why some of us are paying top dollar for the privilege of being able to work. The closure of this business is extremely sad. Shame shame shame on the people who forced this to happen.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - roz - 22-01-2012 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,007 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison