SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
michael

22-01-2012 02:49 PM

Unfortunately parents have been informed this week that Piplings in Liphook Crescent will be closing and places for some of the children will be made available by the owners, but in East Dulwich.

Although planning permission had been given last year by Lewisham council, there was a restrictive covenant dating from when the houses were built that forbids any commercial activities (apart from doctors and solicitors) from being carried out in most houses in the surrounding streets. Neighbours, backed by the Tewkesbury Lodge Estate Residents Association, took the nursery to court to enforce this restrictive covenant.

There are currently 100 other businesses registered and run from properties in the Tewkesbury Lodge Estate Residents Association area. The action against one business (the first use of these covenant of which I am aware) potentially has implications for the 100 other houses in the area which are used for commercial activities in one shape or form.

I'm very sad that such a good nursery has been forced to close down and I know it will be difficult for local parents to find another local nursery with all 17 measures judged outstanding in their OFSTED rating.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Planning Application: Nursery at Liphook Crescent - michael - 22-01-2012 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,009 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison