SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
bobbk

28-04-2010 04:18 PM

My child attends this nursery. When we moved to Forest Hill, I was shocked to find so little quality childcare in the area. So much so that if I'd done my research properly, I most probably wouldn't have moved into the area. Piplings should be applauded for contributing to the local economy, both directly by employing staff etc, and indirectly because no local nurseries = no young working families in the area = aging population, etc, etc.
To those that are worried about the noise level, can I just say please give it a chance? We're not talking about heavy plant machinery moving into your area but the sound of pre-school children playing. You may even find yourself raising a smile at the sound of a toddler playing (I know I do).
On the car note, I can't speak for every parent but I don't own a car and so won't be driving to the nursery. Most parents drop off/pick up as part of their commute to work. A quick straw poll on how many local people drive to work or commute by public transport should give you an idea on the increased car traffic around the nursery.
Finally, a couple of points on location:
In my experience most nurseries are on quiet residential roads. Small children are precious cargo and you wouldn't want them exposed to the noise and pollution of a busy road would you?
Liphook Crescent is in a great location high above the city. I love living in London and hope my daughter will grow up feeling the same way. Wouldn't it be just a little churlish to deny our children the experience of viewing London from such a great vantage point.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Liphook Crescent planning application - bobbk - 28-04-2010 04:18 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison