SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Planning: Nursery at Liphook Crescent
michael

15-03-2010 04:42 PM

sniffer wrote:
Nurseries do not necessarily keep school hours and, like schools, they generate unwanted traffic. Moreover the noise nuisance, especially in summer when the children are outdoors, is often the continual shouting of the carers.

You make a good case for closing all schools and nurseries. Not only would it reduce traffic but it would force women down the "traditional route of staying at home".

As far as the noise nuisance is concerned, I think a small nursery in a detatched house is less likely to be a problem as pre-school children and their carers make significantly less noise than primary school children (if memory serves you can hear in Horniman School from Liphook Crescent at lunch time).

The proposal is that this house will continue to be a family house but with permission to use the ground floor for a nursery. And of course neighbouring 'families houses' are exactly the residents who would most benefit from good ultra-local nursery provision.

But I have to agree with Gingernuts that we do not seem to have a problem with feral toddlers in this or any other part of London. I know they grow up quickly but I don't see gangs of hooded babies roaming the streets in their sooped-up bugaboos (at least not without their parents).

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Liphook Crescent planning application - michael - 15-03-2010 04:42 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liphook Crescent Jon Lloyd 5 8,004 18-03-2009 11:11 AM
Last Post: Alison