SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Darren Johnson
showtunesgirl

21-02-2010 12:21 PM

Did anyone else get a visit from Darren Johnson yesterday? Hubby didn't realise I was in so I didn't get to speak to him. I have to say that in the ten years of living in HOP, no other politician has bothered to do this.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redalways

21-02-2010 05:04 PM

Apologies for my ignorance but who is Darren Johnson ?

Ghis

21-02-2010 06:53 PM
michael

21-02-2010 06:58 PM

He is also a member of the GLA, in fact he is currently Chair of the London Assembly.

He has stood for Mayor of London twice and has stood as an MP in Lewisham Deptford. I'm not sure if he will be the Green candidate for MP or Mayor of Lewisham in the election.

derbybill

21-02-2010 09:49 PM

Yes Darren has two jobs with nice allowances: GLA member and Lewisham Councillor, but he wants to get his hands on the big money as an MP as well.
Wonder if he can do three jobs at the same time, shouldn't there be a law against that?
Showtunesgirl will be seeing lots of politicians in HOP soon: Ive seen Mayor Steve with labour candidates and Lib Dems out this morning (Sun 21st Feb), and I have been canvassed recently by the Greens who don't seem to have any clue about future energy policy apart from lots of windmills and home insulation.
Why not a ban on those massive plasma TV screens that's means we need several new power stations to run the things?
Apologies to all those with the big tellys.

TamLangley

22-02-2010 08:09 AM

I'm almost certain that Tam Langley (or her team) will have knocked on your door since we've knocked on every door in HOP at least once in the last couple of months.

But if you'd like to meet Tam then you're very welcome to email her (tam@lewishamlibdems.org.uk) to arrange a time for her to pop round.

All the best,

Rob Blackie (Tam's partner)

Printed, published and promoted by Rob Blackie on behalf of Tam Langley at 8 Woodham Road, Catford.

showtunesgirl

22-02-2010 09:25 AM

I guess it would depend on what time they came a knocking. This was on Saturday so I guess more people would've been in.

I've never seen Joan Ruddock doing any of this! She hasn't replied to any of the emails I've sent her recently about the train situation.

Red67

22-02-2010 09:32 AM

"Yes Darren has two jobs with nice allowances: GLA member and Lewisham Councillor, but he wants to get his hands on the big money as an MP as well.
Wonder if he can do three jobs at the same time, shouldn't there be a law against that?"

see: Boris Johnson, Mayor of London

TamLangley

22-02-2010 11:35 AM

Showtunesgirls - Well it's a combination of weekend days and evenings.

Your email story about Joan Ruddock sounds familiar - a friend on Brockley Rise has just had exactly the same experience on exactly the same issue!

Feel free to send us the email about the train situation - Tam's been furiously lobbying TfL - so has really good links there now. tam@lewishamlibdems.org.uk.

Cheers,

Rob (on behalf of Tam).

showtunesgirl

22-02-2010 11:54 AM

I have to say that I've been finding Joan Ruddock extremely frustrating to deal with as I'd just like to be able to contact my local MP!

As for the train situation detailed in great length on another thread, it seems that Jim Dowd is trying pretty hard but there is just silence from Joan Ruddock.

One person emailed her, got no reply and then he tried again and said that he was actually a member of the Labour Party and only then did she respond!

Ghis

22-02-2010 12:52 PM

Posted on Joan Ruddock's website about the timetables changes:

http://www.joanruddock.org/index.php?id=47&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=83&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=dc2932348c

Now that's interesting that she does not seem to reply to people who have written to her about this. I never tried to contact her myself.

Ghis

22-02-2010 12:54 PM

I don't know why it cuts the link I posted at the place it does above, please use the full link by copying and pasting in your browser:

http://www.joanruddock.org/index.php?id=47&tx_ttnews[pointer]=5&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=83&tx_ttnews[backpid]=4&tx_ttnews[backPid]=47&cHash=be6303ba41

showtunesgirl

22-02-2010 01:14 PM

Thanks, an interesting link but she really should be replying direct to emails etc as well!

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields