SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
No water!
PVP

05-02-2010 09:31 AM

Did anyone else lose water pressure last night? Everything ok this morning, but just curious.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ambient
No longer registered

05-02-2010 10:23 AM

Yes no water at all at around 10:30pm in Perry Vale area. It came back again briefly a little later and then went off again. But all fine this morning.

Happysnapper

05-02-2010 11:07 AM

I wondered why my shower was all spurty this morning!!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Satchers

05-02-2010 01:37 PM

No water at the top of Taymount Rise this morning and a fantastic crack in the tarmac on London Road at the junction withn Waldenshaw Road where the pipe obviously burst.

Thames Water said they have been notified of the problem and I saw a van arrive when I was on my way out this morning about 9am.

They said it might take up to 6 hours to resolve and looked pretty serious to me.

Satchers

05-02-2010 01:51 PM

Sorry my photo came out so small. Click on it for a bit more detail.

Its just crossed my mind that it could be the start of the roadworks for the London Road Waldenshaw junction chances, but approached from below ground? Would be one way of not disturbing the traffic!

http://www.se23.com/forum/showthread.php...3#pid23243

NewForester

05-02-2010 06:20 PM

I think it started leaking last week - Thames Water are slow to react. There is also another leak outside the station (by Smiths), so hopefully they'll fix that too.

Londondrz

05-02-2010 07:16 PM

Talked to the Southern Water guy this morning, they have been aware of the leak for some time. I called Lewisham council on Tue in order to suggest they fix the leak before starting the roadworks but got bored holding after 20min.

oryx

05-02-2010 08:02 PM

Interruptions to the water supply seem to be a common occurrence in the Honor Oak/Forest Hill area. We haven't had any recently* but have had at least three episodes of no water for hours on end (sometimes nearly 24 hours) since moving here. We now keep bottles of it in the shed for emergencies.

I lived in SW London for 23 years and had constant water for all 23 of those years. Smile

*that's really tempting fate, isn't it?

roz

05-02-2010 11:09 PM

Many allegedly 'burst pipes in FH' are in fact underground streams changing course and emerging through the tarmac ( and sometimes into peoples garages/gardens/basements) so lets hope that all these works going on are worthwhile and that they really are leaks or else a lot of time and money will be wasted, as well as everyone having to endure low water pressure whilst they carry out investigative works. A year or so ago TW spent a lot of time in our road trying to find the ' leak' that never was.....

NewForester

06-02-2010 05:00 PM

Judging by the big clamps they had on the pipes yesterday, I would think this was a leak Wink

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields