SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Activities for teenagers?
sultrylight

30-01-2010 04:44 PM

My nextdoor neighbour moved to the area a few months ago. She said her 12-year old daughter doesn't have any friends around here and sometimes feels a bit bored and lonely. (She still goes to school a few miles away, where she used to live, so her friends are around there).

She was asking me if I knew of any activities for teenagers (youthclubs, etc... do they still exist?) I couldn't think of anything, but said I'd investigate.

Does anyone know of anything (other than one-off events)?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
michael

30-01-2010 05:17 PM

There is information about the Rockbourne Youth Club at http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2007/03...es-25.html

I believe teenagers may also be welcome at the Devonshire Road Nature Reserve. Beyond that I am no expert having not been a teenager for over 15 years.

sultrylight

30-01-2010 06:30 PM

Thanks for that. The Rockbourne youth club is an idea. I'll suggest it to her.

lottie

31-01-2010 08:52 PM

The Christian fellowship centre opposite Fairlawn School runs a youth club on Fridays my daughter use to attend (and we are not religous) they go on outings eg bowling so may be of interest. If she is arty worth looking at events for youngsters at Dulwich picture gallery or performing arts Montage theatre group for her age, in Brockley would be a good way to meet friends whilst busily being engaged in a project.

Jane

01-02-2010 12:58 PM

Sydenham Tennis Club takes juniors and organises group classes if she is interested in playing.

sultrylight

01-02-2010 07:10 PM

Thank you very much. I'll put all suggestions to her.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields