SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
What's it like to live in Forest Hill?
Weenox

16-08-2010 05:35 PM

I am thinking of moving to forest hill.It seems it may be one of the few places where I could possibly afford a one bed flat to rent on my own.
I'm getting to an age (44) where to find a shared house seems much less appealing and have a cat,and one beds are so darn expensive most places and some of the slightly cheaper studios are appalingly dismal.They just seem to be bedrooms with everything and the kitchen sink thrown in.
I've lived in new cross gate for around nine yrs and have seen/experienced more crime than I would have liked to and imagine forest hill has to be better,yet still has the overground train I get to work,just two stops down the line.
I've been in one pub that was really nice and the shops look quite decent and the woods and green feel is lovely.E Dulwich,as has been said,is only a short bus ride away and that gives you a load more shops and restaurants to play with.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: What's it like to live in Forest Hill? - Weenox - 16-08-2010 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why Forest Hill deserves its spot in the Best Places to Live in London Herbparis 15 2,125 24-04-2024 08:20 PM
Last Post: nottinghillbilly
  Live Jazz @ Forest Hill Library foresthilllibrary 0 4,412 07-12-2010 02:01 PM
Last Post: foresthilllibrary