SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »
HOP - New baker/Patisserie?
Ghis

14-12-2007 07:37 PM

I have just noticed that the shop between the Hairdresser and Goldstar Furniture has now a proper sign with Betram Baker and Patisserie. Looking forward to the opening!

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kingkong

16-12-2007 11:29 AM

Ghis wrote:
I have just noticed that the shop between the Hairdresser and Goldstar Furniture has now a proper sign with Betram Baker and Patisserie. Looking forward to the opening!

I saw that today as well, I think it will be a great addition to our parade. They were building a small decked area outside, so maybe they'll do teas and coffees as well. Do you know whenn it might open?

Sandy67

16-12-2007 01:14 PM

i wonder if we need any more "eateries"..

proper shops

bring back woolies i say Smile

Ghis

16-12-2007 05:32 PM

SANDY67 wrote:
i wonder if we need any more "eateries"..

proper shops

bring back woolies i say Smile

No sure if it will be a "eatery" yet but I am dream of fresh croissants at the weekend. I am just glad we have one less closed shop.

robwinton

17-12-2007 08:13 PM

a baker would be a great addition to the area

I wonder if we could get one of those Hovis style delivery boys on a bicycle to bring those fresh croissants & morning rolls over to Forest Hill too??

I'm dreaming of the bacon rolls already

fany9560

22-12-2007 10:18 AM

Good news indeed - I like fresh bread/croissants on a Saturday morning

hoppy

28-12-2007 06:48 PM

any more developments on this?

simonj

29-12-2007 08:33 PM

Should have been a coffee shop - would have made a killing!!

ontheedge

30-12-2007 01:21 AM

A decent bakers would be terrific and also might bring a little more business locally. TRhe deli is really good but not too sure if getting a lot of support.
Bought some bread in East Dulwich Deli the other week nearly ?3 and not very fresh. Surely a little overpriced for a staple of the British diet.

shzl400

30-12-2007 10:51 AM

ontheedge wrote:
Bought some bread in East Dulwich Deli the other week nearly ?3 and not very fresh. Surely a little overpriced for a staple of the British diet.

You should get it at the Honor Oak Mediterranean Deli - at only ?1 for a huge loaf, fresh as you like and sprinkled with interesting seedy things. Closer than ED too!

simonj

30-12-2007 11:53 AM

shzl400 wrote:

ontheedge wrote:

You should get it at the Honor Oak Mediterranean Deli - at only ?1 for a huge loaf, fresh as you like and sprinkled with interesting seedy things. Closer than ED too!

Where is this deli?

shzl400

30-12-2007 04:39 PM

simonj wrote:

shzl400 wrote:

ontheedge wrote:

Where is this deli?

Mediterranean Deli
72 Honor Oak Park
London
SE23 1DY
020 8699 3113

Up towards HOP station, roughly between the Old Bank restaurant and Bar Equal.

Ghis

30-12-2007 05:43 PM

shzl400 wrote:

ontheedge wrote:

I do really like the organic bread there, sadly most of the time I finish work too late to pick some on the way home (despite the shop being often open till 8pm)

simonj

30-12-2007 06:08 PM

shzl400 wrote:

simonj wrote:

shzl400 wrote:

ontheedge wrote:

Where is this deli?

Mediterranean Deli
72 Honor Oak Park
London
SE23 1DY
020 8699 3113

Up towards HOP station, roughly between the Old Bank restaurant and Bar Equal.

Thanks I realised that I have been going there but not noticed the name. You must be going in at a different time to me as all I seem to get is small expensive white loaves - very nice though Rolleyes

shzl400

30-12-2007 06:59 PM

simonj wrote:
Thanks I realised that I have been going there but not noticed the name. You must be going in at a different time to me as all I seem to get is small expensive white loaves - very nice though Rolleyes

Ok, so the loaves are white and sliced ... but they're definitely yummy & only a ?. On the rack in the window to the right of the door as you go in, in big clear plastic bags.

simonj

30-12-2007 08:25 PM

shzl400 wrote:

simonj wrote:

Ok, so the loaves are white and sliced ... but they're definitely yummy & only a ?. On the rack in the window to the right of the door as you go in, in big clear plastic bags.

I have only tried the smaller crusty ones that are not sliced - they are good but SMALL!!Thumbdown

fany9560

31-12-2007 01:44 PM

I looked through the window of the new baker yesterday and it doesn't look too inspiring - there is a plastic notice saying something like"kiddies favourites" and a plastic coke drink fridge thing Sad unfortunately it has the appearance of a downmarket Greggs. I hope to be pleasantly surprised when it opens.............

ringingcod

09-01-2008 12:03 PM

fany9560 wrote:
I looked through the window of the new baker yesterday and it doesn't look too inspiring - there is a plastic notice saying something like"kiddies favourites" and a plastic coke drink fridge thing Sad unfortunately it has the appearance of a downmarket Greggs. I hope to be pleasantly surprised when it opens.............

that's what I love about se23.com - the overriding sense of optimism

Ghis

09-01-2008 01:34 PM

ringingcod wrote:
that's what I love about se23.com - the overriding sense of optimism

Oh yes!Laugh

milliebear

10-01-2008 02:06 PM

I walked past this again last night and noticed that not much has changed. I presume the decking outside suggests they will be selling coffees/food????? Surely this is a bit mean given that there is a perfectly good cafe about two doors away and at least two others in the parade. Surely it would be better to offer something different rather than compete for the same custom.

Apologies - am being a bit of a cynic today!

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 Next > Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lolos Patisserie closed Jane2 12 13,411 23-11-2013 10:59 AM
Last Post: PollyEster63