SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
looking to meet other mums in the area
banshee

14-01-2010 11:49 AM

I'd concur with roz' suggestion that the NCT is still a good port of call. Forest Hill NCT is very large and active and as well as being a source of information about daytime activities aimed at parents with kids in tow, there are regular open houses and tea groups, mums' nights out and there is a regular evening book group.

We're also very lucky in Forest Hill that we've got several child-friendly venues for drinks and meals, so if you want to try and arrange some meet-ups you could for example post on the forum that you're planning to be in the Honor Oak, or the Dartmouth Arms, at a particular time on a particular day with baby in tow and would any other mums be interested in joining you?

A bit further afield but I can also recommend Friday afternoons in either the Mag or the Plough on Lordship Lane, East Dulwich. Both pubs run a 'baby club' on Friday afternoons where they clear a space and lay out some toys so that parents can meet there for a drink and there's a space for their babies and toddlers to play. I sometimes go with friends and have at other times just headed down there to see who's there and have a chat.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: looking to meet other mums in the area - banshee - 14-01-2010 11:49 AM