SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Those new traffic lights at the bottom of Forest Hill Road...grrr!
Grangerover

20-12-2007 03:20 PM

MartinH wrote:
I was informed today by a resident in Dunstans Rd that the traffic lights have been installed because of the amount of heavy plant and machinery expected in the next few months. By all accounts 50-100 earth moving lorries per day will turn into London Rd as work commences on a new water feed pipe running from the reservoir in Honor Oak to, I believe, Water lane in Brixton. The pipe is to be 10 metres in diameter and a tunnel boring machine will be deployed. At the moment we are not sure where the spoil is going to be unloaded but I'm sure that you can come up with some suggestions. I thought that would cheer you up !

If correct, this seems a very strange reason to install the lights. Firstly, the lights were installed quite a few months ago which is unusually far-sighted! Secondly, if this a temporary project, why have they installed permanent lights rather than temporary lights? And thirdly, I can't understand how this relates to the lorries anyway! The route your resident friend described doesn't pass through Forest Hill Road...all very odd.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Those new traffic lights at the bottom of Forest Hill Road...grrr! - Grangerover - 20-12-2007 03:20 PM