SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Fix Factor
Ex FH Pat

13-11-2009 09:12 AM

So after my little rants about crime etc - what about the crime of the century, calling Fix Factor a singing competition, come on, all it is, is a way to make Cowell bucket loads of dosh, i mean if any of you watched it recently, he [ Cowell ] has been moaning and moaning that he hates the twins, then given the chance to throw them out, he changes his mind

Does anyone in SE23 watch this tripe, i have to im afraid, thats the problem when you have young children, does anyone agree with what i say

Maybe Cowell tried it on with Lucie and got knocked back, so he got is own back by throwing her off

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Contrary Mary

13-11-2009 12:34 PM

Remember, it's a competition between the judges as well as the contestants... Right from the auditions, the strongest category was quite clearly the u-30 girls, with the over-30s close second.

Cowell is mentoring the over-30s, meaning the biggest threats to his producing a winner were the girls in Dannii's group... and guess who've gone? Over the last couple of weeks, he has simply made a lowest-common-denominator calculation about the likely public vote result, and then abstained from making a decision on the basis that in each case the contestant with the talent to threaten his 3 mentees will lose, and then he won't have to take the blame for their being kicked out:

Lloyd v Rachel: Obvious that Lloyd would be saved. Cheryl cried, and he was ill. Double sympathy vote. Even without that, he'd have been saved by public vote anyway, since despite being vocally excruciatingly boring, he has the cute puppy-dog eyes beloved of grandmas and tweeny-boppers alike. The give away about that one was that Cowell so obviously knew that Rachel had more talent - and had been saying so throughout - so if it really was a talent contest, he would have done what he is supposedly being paid to do, made the talent-based judgement and saved Rachel. Especially as she'd been getting better and better each week.

JEdward v Lucie: Impossible to avoid the hype about JEdward in the papers, drumming up the votes in their favour. Even though they were in the bottom two, chances were always that they would have more than Lucie, and from the way she was crying before the result was even announced, she knew it too. If she had continued in the competition, she would certainly have been more of a threat to Olly, Danyl or Jamie.

I think that even if Cowell "plays fair" from now on, the next time one of his guys is in the last two, even if it's against JEdward, they're history. Especially if it's down to Danii. This will probably result in the show losing the most talented male singer, Danyl, who has already been in the sing-off once, and is suffering from rubbish song choices.

I'm actually coming round to the view that it would be a good thing if JEdward won, because it would be such an absurd result for a 'novelty act' to win that it might kill off the whole franchise. Although it would be horrible unfair on some other contestants who are genuinely potential stars (in the narrow terms of commercial 'music' anyway), we've now reached the stage where it already has been, so what's to lose?

Ex FH Pat

16-11-2009 01:30 PM

The one thing i know is that i would love to give Lucie one

brian

16-11-2009 02:53 PM

Why are you all getting upset about a trash programme. On BBC2 same time History of Berlin , a cultural delight.

Ex FH Pat

16-11-2009 02:58 PM

agree with you brian - normally i have to wacth having 2 kids at home - however this weekend i refused and last night instead of recording Ray Mears in Canada - i watched it

i would still love to give Lucie one - he he

blushingsnail

16-11-2009 05:27 PM

But would Lucie be interested in you?

Contrary Mary: excellent analysis - I never realised X-Factor was so interesting!

Ex FH Pat

17-11-2009 08:15 AM

Highly unlikely that i will ever meet Lucie and even more unlikely that she would have the remotest interest in me

Factor is like all the other reality progs - gross and just after making as much money from the public as possible

Ex FH Pat

23-11-2009 02:11 PM

Well what fantastic news - 1st Jedward get kicked off fix Factor, then that thing called Katie Price leaves the Jungle show - heaven, even better was watching Ray Mears, would fully re-commend, however last one this Sunday, so you will need to catch up on I Player

Now one last wish - can someone please fix me a date with that beautiful creature Lucie who was on the X Factor, wow she is some hot filly

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields