SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women
roz

10-11-2009 05:33 PM

http://www.mumsnet.com/onlinechats/david -salisbury

Found this on mumsnet - some clear Q+A at last but its usefulness will depend on whether you see DS as a government stooge or a reliable clinician. I have decided to have both the seasonal flu and swine flu jabs next week as I have too many risk factors which could mean serious illness if I contract it, however I am going to ask for Celvapan as feel I will sleep easier. However if my surgery refuse, the material question for me is how the thimerosol in Pandremix compares with the recommended daily limit for pregnant women, given that the Pandremix is administered by injection and mercury in tuna will be metabolized in the body so perhaps once it reaches the bloodstream its effects will be reduced anyway.

The NCT unfortunately have not yet addressed the choice of vaccine and the issues concerning pregnant women- Jane, do you think they will be updating their advice on this basis?

best wishes,

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women - roz - 10-11-2009 05:33 PM