SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women
newcomer

03-11-2009 11:56 AM

Thanks all

I thought this link was interesting. http://www.healthkey.com/sns-ap-eu-germa...0562.story
German politicians and high-ranking govt employees are getting a adjuvant-free version of the vaccine, while the German public are getting the same version as the majority of the UK - ie, the one with adjuvants/mercury in it. Also, it seems as though countries like Canada have ordered the adjuvant-free version for vulnerable groups like pregnant women.

None of this is making me feel particularly more reassured by NHS advice that the vaccine is safe.

But on the other hand... a 31-year-old pregant woman from Manchester has just died after contracting swine flu. No other recorded health complications.

So I guess I'm no closer to knowing what to do and will just try to assess the situation as it develops. In the meantime, I'll also be asking my doctor if Celvapan (the adjuvant-free version) will be made available here. I'll let you know if I get any good news.

Helen

PS RussB - don't worry, I won't be drinking large quantities of mouthwash any time soon, even if it's 'natural' mouthwash... :-)

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women - newcomer - 03-11-2009 11:56 AM