SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women
roz

02-11-2009 02:20 PM

I've read that Pandremix, the vaccine recommended for pregnant women, contains both of these. Have a look at the EMEA website for further info however you have to dig a little deeper to find out whether it contains the two things you mention as not immediately apparent. (Surprise surprise)
Its also clear that safety data on pregnant women is to be collated as the vaccine is issued so effectively we will be the clinical trial guinea pigs. To me this is still all about herd immunity and there will still be risks for individuals that perhaps need to be assessed on a case by case basis. Personally I am very worried as I fall into the three main risk categories, third trimester pregnancy, asthma and now gestational diabetes but as pregnancy is a temporary condition I don't want to take it out of panic. The NHS website is a hoot- it does make it sound as if only the very few will suffer adverse effects in which case I would reiterate the point about seeking individual advice as although all pregnant women are vulnerable not everyone will experience the same risks.

I'm happy to continue the discussion by PM if you want, and to involve the local NCT branch - I've already contacted the person who runs the Forest Hill branch about this issue.

Personally I suspect I will have given birth by the time the vaccine is available and before I get the second shot, as my local surgery has not received it as yet nor do they know when its due to arrive - was supposed to be this week. At this rate we'll all have it before the vaccine is issued. And I still want answers as to why this vaccination programme is considered appropriate for pregnant women when the standard seasonal vaccine is not. I'm not a scientist, but I can add up..

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women - roz - 02-11-2009 02:20 PM