SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Swine flu vaccine for pregnant women
roz

10-11-2009 05:33 PM

http://www.mumsnet.com/onlinechats/david -salisbury

Found this on mumsnet - some clear Q+A at last but its usefulness will depend on whether you see DS as a government stooge or a reliable clinician. I have decided to have both the seasonal flu and swine flu jabs next week as I have too many risk factors which could mean serious illness if I contract it, however I am going to ask for Celvapan as feel I will sleep easier. However if my surgery refuse, the material question for me is how the thimerosol in Pandremix compares with the recommended daily limit for pregnant women, given that the Pandremix is administered by injection and mercury in tuna will be metabolized in the body so perhaps once it reaches the bloodstream its effects will be reduced anyway.

The NCT unfortunately have not yet addressed the choice of vaccine and the issues concerning pregnant women- Jane, do you think they will be updating their advice on this basis?

best wishes,

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
roz

10-11-2009 05:35 PM
roz

18-11-2009 02:06 PM

http://www.jennerpractice.co.uk/practice...ews/1.html

See link - the Jenner Practice on their website are as of today inviting pregnant women and others in risk groups on their list to attend to have the vaccine.

I have also heard of some very tragic cases recently of friends of friends; I don't want to alarm anyone but I am so glad now that I have got the answers I need on my safety concerns (its been hard work to get some basic answers) to enable me to have it, as pregnant women are so disproportionately badly affected by this virus. Kings are definitely actively promoting take up. Lets look after ourselves.

essjaygee

14-12-2009 11:29 AM
ladywotlunches

20-01-2010 02:40 PM

I've come into this thread really late. Roz, I hope if you've had the new baby all is good!

But even now in January, the roll-out of the vaccine seems to have stalled. I've got my 3.5 year check up this week with the HV so I'll ask their advice on vaccine for young children, but I've also recently found out that no. 2 is on the way, so reading this thread with interest on both young children and pregnancy.

The logical part of me tells me that the vaccine is safe - I've always been an advocate of the MMR, as IMO there is no threat from this (and has been around for years). But its new, tests have been done quickly (and there's always the factor for human error here), and with the recent news articles and rulings, its awful I know, but one word does keep coming into my head - Thalidomide.....

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields