SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Advice? - Vevey St/Levendale Rd Night Noise & Antisocial Behaviour
Scatterfold

01-07-2013 08:51 AM

Hi,

Looking to get some opinions as to what to do with a possibly difficult and probably easily inflammable situation.

A near neighbour on Vevey St, appears to work some kind of night shift and routinely returns home at around 4.30ish in the morning. When he does so, he's dropped off by friends who - with him- make a shedload of noise to the point where my partner and I are woken up. Presumably others too (and we're several houses away on Levendale Road).

Sunday nights/early monday mornings appear to be the worst. In fact, last night - when I took a look out of the window to see if it was the same group, I saw another passenger get out of his car and promptly urinate all over a neighbours car.

There's a couple of issues here which prevent me from just going down and asking him/them to keep the noise down. Firstly, last year, when I did so for the first and only occasion, I was bundled inside my own house by one of the men which lead to a police investigation for common assault (which nothing came of, unfortunately). Secondly, there's a lot of guys. At least five of them. And if the car-urinating dude was anything to go by - stumbling sideways all over the place - they're also drunk.

Is there anything that can be done? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
poolsneighbour

01-07-2013 11:06 AM

Based on my extensive experience of antisocial behaviour..nope..other than calling the police who will turn up 'within the hour' Thumbdown

Londondrz

01-07-2013 11:29 AM

I would speak to the police as they have already been involved at an earlier time. Is the residence private or council? If council I suggest you go that route detailing your experiences. Good luck.

Scatterfold

01-07-2013 11:35 AM

It's a private residence, as far as I can ascertain, let by a Letting Agency - who I've not been able to find.

Thanks for your responses. Have called the Safer Neighbourhoods team but reached nothing more than a voicemail so far.

The car-peeing was pretty disgusting, but it's the regular noise that's the most wearing thing all-in-all...

daveherne

01-07-2013 06:50 PM

to find the owner of the house go to land registry and buy a copy of the title deed. it will have their address and contact details hopefully esp. if it is a professional landlord.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Antisocial Behaviour in Codrington Hill and Brockley Rise doobyscoo 8 10,776 07-11-2012 04:20 PM
Last Post: mgmonkey