SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Topic Closed  Post Topic 
Any decent letting agents in FH?
davetwo

04-12-2007 10:06 AM

Hullo there,
I may be off to foreign climes for the next year, and was wondering if any of you had experience with using a letting agent for your property?

I realize that they rank on a similar level to estate agents so fell free to vent any spleens here...

Cheers. D

Find all posts by this user
roz

05-12-2007 09:30 AM

davetwo wrote:
Hullo there,
I may be off to foreign climes for the next year, and was wondering if any of you had experience with using a letting agent for your property?

I realize that they rank on a similar level to estate agents so fell free to vent any spleens here...

Cheers. D

I understand from friends that Oaklets are very good. Go for the parent, ie the Oak, not the fruit of same, if you can get my carefully concealed point......

davetwo

12-12-2007 02:04 PM

roz wrote:

davetwo wrote:
Hullo there,

Cheers. D

I understand from friends that Oaklets are very good. Go for the parent, ie the Oak, not the fruit of same, if you can get my carefully concealed point......

Cheers Roz. I thought they were pretty expensive - but that's probably just the way it is!

domc

12-12-2007 04:52 PM

I have used Robert Stanford before and they have been great from both sides (being a renter and owner).

millesens

12-12-2007 07:56 PM

We have used Robert Stanford whilst renting and when we purchased and they were quite good. If we had to sell/let our house we would consider using them again. However I have to say they should carry out more regular inspections on rented properties. When we lived in Dorking in Surrey the estate agent visited us for a rouitine inspection every three months and although this seem a little annoying I can understand it is a great way to ensure a property is well kept and maintained.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields