SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
SE23.com's 5th Birthday and 1st Best Contributor Award
millesens

03-12-2007 11:10 PM

And my nominees for this year Award categories are:

-BaggyDave, for his extended knowledge of local pubs, sport, music, for and his witty and recent self-promoting campaign

-Michael, for keeping us all updated on local government issues and developments, for his factual and precise input on so many other subjects

-Jamie, of the Honor Oak, for showing us we did matter to the success of his new venture in se23

-The People?s Republic of Southern Forest Hill, for their character and their resilience to become just another bland and gentrified East Dulwich aspiring lot.

-Admin, because we wouldn?t exist without him

You can nominate as many contributors as you wish and in as many categories as you would like to create.

Voting ends on 31 December 2007. Awards announced in January 2008.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Perryman

04-12-2007 03:15 PM

My vote is for Baggydave.

I particularly enjoyed his quiet retrospective period of a few weeks back... Wink

baggydave

04-12-2007 08:41 PM

Not the Jamies as they have named their pub the YOHO, when of course it is in Forest Hill (or as I have also pointed out Blythe Hill). If people can be pedantic about apostrophies on the other site then I can be similar on locations. And also because they have not thanked me enough for all that business advice and I have still to see the traditional pub games and morris dancers.

Con at the BHT for the first time I can recall ever getting a round bought by the landlord, thought it only happened in East Enders. Well I would have nominated him in any case.

Mr Libretto, the butchers in Moore Park/Wood Vale, not for the meat which I choose not to eat, but for the three classic cars outside and being next to the MPT

BD - missing you already

Toffeejim

04-12-2007 11:32 PM

Can I specifically un-nominate the Bagpuss on the grounds that (i) he'll be the (hep) cat that got the cream if he gets any more compliments (ii) he knows a good deal less about pubs than he thinks he does and, specifically, spends large amounts of time drinking in pubs outside SE23. Having said this nominating Con at the Blythe (note: Blythe, not BHT) is a top choice. Any pub landlord who will turn the air blue any time the words 'pub' and 'sofas' are used in the same sentence is worthy of a vote. By the way Bagpass what are you doing drinking at our south-side locals? Away with you to your Harvester and rose-tinted memories of dodgy Charringtons pubs.

YOHO should be un-nominated too on the grounds of misrepresentation: it claims to be a pub when it's record on serving beer clearly doesn't qualify it to be so.

I agree though that the Republic should win an award. We should cast ourselves our own shiny medals and wear them with pride on the morning trains to London Bridge, commandeering our own carriage and freezing out any northsiders who deign to interrupt our discourse on proper heroes of the people: Fidel Castro, Linda Barker, Neville Southall, Barbara Castle and Ken Dodd.

PVP

05-12-2007 03:23 PM

It has to be BD.

On one condition; someone posts a photo of the legend.

I even looked on facebook, but alas, there was no one answering to that name.

millesens

05-12-2007 10:56 PM

No, let's feed the myth...............

robwinton

05-12-2007 11:20 PM

I believe this is him, whilst out looking to find the hidden entrance to the mythical MPT/MPH

robwinton

05-12-2007 11:21 PM

... oh and I think that might be ToffeeJim in the background

roz

06-12-2007 08:51 AM

I could manage an artists impression of BD - It will cost you, though.....

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SE23.com's 5th Birthday admin 48 45,168 17-12-2007 08:51 PM
Last Post: jgdoherty