SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Church submits planning application for CP cinema
roz

15-09-2009 05:54 PM

I think I've said this before, but I don't feel I can support this campaign as I feel its being done with sour intentions and with a will to sabotage someone elses reasonable application and development plans. As everyone will probably know I am an aetheist and hence have no time for religion, but I feel that this particular group of churchgoers are having a hard time of it and for reasons that are not entirely logical. The fact that the church outbid an independent cinema for this site is a commercial one; they could afford to pay more. So why take their success out on them?

I just see this as a move to unreasonably block and undermine their position so that they are forced to sell the site back to the cinema group who originally bid for the site,assuming they are still interested in this and have the means to proceed with the work and operations.

There is no guarantee that the cinema are waiting in the wings or that the refusal of the change of use will produce a cinema or any other acceptable entertainment venue. Churches tend to be fairly innocuous neighbours so there are plenty of alternatives that could produce a less desirable outcome from the neighbourhood. I would say let them get on with it and hope that the cinema can find a location in the area. There appears to be plenty of vacant buildings around.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Church submits planning application for CP cinema - roz - 15-09-2009 05:54 PM