SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Armed Police
Greengoddess

01-07-2009 12:16 PM

Armed Police again. What on earth is going on around the place. There was an gun seige last evening around the bottom of Stansted Roads environs and people were kept in home 'till it was all over. Has anyone any idea what it was about this time. And a man pushed in front of a lorry(decapitated) by a bunch of kids in previous days. Have we lost control....? Scared

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cellar Door

01-07-2009 01:27 PM

Greengoddess wrote:
And a man pushed in front of a lorry(decapitated) by a bunch of kids in previous days.

Where?

I've searched on the interweb thingy and come up with nothing. The main headline on the South London Press is "Cat attacked by Dog". No decapitations of any humans have occurred according to SLP.

Greengoddess

01-07-2009 01:31 PM

I have found last nights shooting online at the News Shopper. I was informed about the other by a reliable source, of the lorry and school kids incident, when I enquired about the shooting. Maybe its just not news yet. Who knows, I'm sure all will be revealed in due course.

roz

01-07-2009 02:07 PM

I read that a woman was shot in Catford as part of a gang thing- is that what you meant?

noisy
Unregistered

02-07-2009 08:09 AM

an 18 year old woman was shot at about 6pm on Tuesday and left on the pavement on Pattenden road, it was in last night's free paper as well (Londonpaper I think),
it's the heat - violent crime goes up
a couple screaming at each other in our street last night too, people going slightly mad
don't know about decapitation, but with hammer attack and now shooting both quick walk from my house this is quite worrying news...

Quote this message in a reply
Brockley_Babe

02-07-2009 11:28 AM

Crime has always happened and always will happen. You shouldn't let fear of crime get to you - you are unlikely to be shot unless you are part of a gang or active in the drug dealing world. The majority of murders are carried out by someone known to the victim eg spouse/partner.

roz

02-07-2009 02:09 PM

True, I think the fear of crime is much worse than the actual incidence however some sections of the community are more vulnerable than others ie the elderly and some parts of London are definitely worse than others hence you need to trust your instincts, and if something doesn't feel right, get out of there. Fear can be a powerful thing but its a complex biological instinct that can also help you live longer so dont necessarily dismiss it out of hand.

I also used to attend regular meetings with a firm in Bethnal Green a few years ago. I felt so uneasy around there due to the varied characters floating around and general atmosphere which I could never explain. I was after all used to working in central Kings Cross and Camden Town also fairly edgy places but the feeling wasn't the same. It was a unique feeling but I felt in my bones that it wasn't a good place to hang around. I got them to come to me for the next few meetings. A few weeks later a work colleague was stabbed to death in the same location.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Armed Police in Ivydale road. Redalways 15 13,734 21-10-2008 08:31 PM
Last Post: baggydave