SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bizarre Video Surveillance Vehicle
VictorianNoah

06-05-2009 12:05 PM

Very interesting!

Could be that the mysterious video van is on some kind of contract for mobile surveillance, on the look out for people involved in this incident?

I am familiar with various facial recognition software through my work and know that there are reasonable applications out there which can do very rapid matching. TfL uses these on some of the travelators in the underground. My guess is that the back of the van, the part with the mesh grating, is full of some kind of image processing machine.

This might make more sense with the "Working in partnership with the police" panel on the side. Some huge proportion of robberies and crimes occur close to the criminal's home. It might make sense for the police to monitor passerbys at peak times near the transport interchanges to see if they get a hit.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
RE: Bizarre video surveillance vehicle at FH station - VictorianNoah - 06-05-2009 12:05 PM