SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Cleaning the green belt along the railway
Peritas

09-04-2009 08:35 PM

Hi I was wondering if anybody is interested in getting together one day to pick up the rubbish along the newly cleared belt of greenery that runs along the railway from HO to FH. Now that all the shrubbery has been cut down the rubbish stands out like a sore thumb and it looks awful. I know it's probably not up to the residents to do so but as I my flat overlooks it it'll be nice to get a nice view rather than shopping trolleys and paint cans. And moreover it'll do good for the local flora and fauna. What do you think?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vickiek

09-04-2009 09:01 PM

Hi - Lewisham council often have volunteers helping with this kind of tidying up...I think they can organise it or point you in the right direction (my sister is involved but currently away so can't ask her for you). Have a look on the website for the details Smile

Peritas

09-04-2009 09:04 PM

I'll look it up, Thanks Vicky have a good Easter!

Vickiek

09-04-2009 09:14 PM

no worries - you too!

(btw - you need to goto the waste / environment bit of their website)

brian

10-04-2009 12:13 PM

Do you mean the railway embankment , owned by Network Rail.
If so have you not heard of Health and Safety.

Peritas

10-04-2009 04:18 PM

maybe you're right, I just thought it was a good idea as I'm fed up to be surrounded by rubbish. Anyway, I'll see what the council can do (if anything at all), thanks again.

brian

10-04-2009 04:52 PM

If it is the area the rail side of the fence there is no way they will allow members of the public there.
I admire your keeness and suggest you push Network Rail to clean up the area

nevermodern

10-04-2009 06:57 PM

Peritas, let us know if you find anything out. I was thinking the same as you on my way back from work the other day and would be happy to get involved if possible.

christianna

21-04-2009 10:09 AM

The land does indeed belong to Network Rail and the upshot is we can't do anything.
Seems the fencing team were accompanied by the tree surgeon and foliage team. Neither team were responsible for clearing rubbish.
Spoke to Network Rail today and they have a litter team ( now is that a surprise or what!) so have reported the mess and they gave me a reference No 2552882 so we'll see what happens!

brian

21-04-2009 10:16 AM

Thnaks Chistiana
As I though Health and Safety would prohibit members of the public on this land. I do hope they clear it up , but why on earth is rubbish there in the place. Seems like ( hopefully a minority ) of society lives in another world.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Green Line Nature's Railway Reserves Open Day Herbparis 0 3,385 28-07-2018 03:43 AM
Last Post: Herbparis