SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Sydenham Hill activities over the weekend
robwinton

30-03-2009 09:33 AM

My wife mentioned seeing lots of police, ambulances and even the Air Ambulance in the Horniman Triangle park yesterday. Does anyone know what happened?

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Forester

30-03-2009 10:22 AM

I walked past a cordened-off scene and saw some bloodied clothes in the road whilst police were interviewing some witnesses. It looked serious but I haven't heard anything since.

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

30-03-2009 11:59 AM

Drove past. It looked like someone had been hit by a car while crossing Sydenham Rise. There were women's clothes and shoes in the road and under a nearby RAC van (which I don't think was involved). I was hoping these had come from a suitcase that the person was holding but they were in quite a lot of blood.

The cordoned area was fairly small in comparison to others I've seen for fatalities so hopefully that is a good sign.

robwinton

30-03-2009 10:46 PM

thanks - hope it wasn't too serious, but it sounded pretty major.

All those roadworks down that road do make it rather dangerous - confusing and narrow

IWereAbsolutelyFuming

31-03-2009 01:22 PM

I've always thought that crossing is bad for pedestrians. It isn't entirely obvious that each side of the pedestrian island has its own light sequence and I could quite understand someone stepping out thinking they had priority because they'd just seen a green man for the other part of the crossing.

Obviously you get used to it if you live here but for young kids and visitors (esp. with the Horniman right there) it could be a recipe for disaster.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields