SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
The Railway Telegraph
Pam

01-04-2009 06:02 PM

I may re-install it for the winter season, but I will have to monitor the trade as it is soooooooo expensive! Pam

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pam

22-04-2009 10:42 AM

We will be hosting a Race Night in aid of St.Christopher's Hospice on Bank holiday Sunday 3rd May. It will begin at 8pm and should be good fun. Please come along to support this charity. All are welcome, families included.

Pam Adamson

Jon Lloyd

22-04-2009 03:20 PM

I've go to ask, seeing as no-one else is - what's a Race Night??!

michael

22-04-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:
what's a Race Night??!

The usual meaning is watching clever DVDs with different endings to horse races which participants can bet on the winner.

The politically correct version would be an evening of celebration of ethnic diversity. On no account must the two versions be confused.

shzl400

22-04-2009 06:43 PM

Pam - will you still be doing the Fireworks display?

Pam

23-04-2009 11:16 AM

Yes we will! Pam

shzl400

23-04-2009 06:35 PM

See you then, then!

Due to kids (and being generally disapproving of kids in pubs in the evening) we don't get out much in the evening - especially when the cost of a babysitter puts the price of a couple of pints to over ?30! This is the one chance in the year when we get to go for a drink without having to worry about them. Plus, for them they get to see fireworks and wield sparklers in a safe environment e.g. without the heaving crowds at Blackheath (and the loos are closer!)

Very much recommended to all in se23 land!

superdanpl

27-04-2009 12:17 PM

re football:- I popped down the pub round the back of station a few weeks back (I can't remember the name of it), and they were showing the Sky champions league games...only it wasnt Sky, but a foreign alternative. I'm not too sure of the legalities but maybe this is something you could consider Pam? I know how expensive Sky is for pubs.

Pam

28-04-2009 06:59 AM

I am not sure about the legalities of this? Someone was telling me that a pub was showing games without registering & they got heavily fined when caught - it was a local pub, I will ask a few of the regulars - someone told of them - it could be the same pub? Pam

michael

28-04-2009 08:17 PM

Forest Hill Society pub crawl starts at the Railway Telegraph this Thursday (30th April) at 7:30pm.

I hope you are able to come and join us and find some pubs that you didn't know were in SE23!

Full details at http://www.foresthillsociety.com/2009/04...april.html

davidl

28-04-2009 11:34 PM

From what I understand, for a pub it's really not worth the risk of running with hooky Sky.

The monthly fees for a pub licence for sports etc are significantly higher than paying for the same content at home. To protect their revenue, Sky are known to send people to check that when the programmes are being broadcast that they have a pint glass logo to signify the subscription is a legitimate one.

Where Sky channels are being shown without a legitimate subscription, legal action almost always tends to swiftly follow at even more significant cost.

My source for all of this info was a friend of friend whose firm was involved in one such action.

Pam

29-04-2009 12:40 PM

I would never install a 'hooky' Sky for I know the 'penalties'! I believe it is a ?20,000 fine.

I was only looking at their catalogue last night & I will be installing Sky again at the pub, but not until the new season begins in August. Pam

Pam

29-04-2009 12:44 PM

Oh forgot to add that this Sunday we are having a Race Night with all the proceeds going to St. Christopher's Hospice - & on Monday afternoon we have Karaoke at 3pm and a knockout domino competitions on Monday night. Pam

Pam

08-05-2009 10:50 AM

Railway Telegraph, 112 Stanstead Rd, SE23 1BS Tel. 0208 699 6644

The St. Christopher's Hospice Race Night was very funny (despite a few hiccups with the technology) & well supported by the locals - many thanks for your kind support.

We have a Karaoke Night on Saturday 16th May with Natasha & the girls - they were with us over the Bank Holiday weekend & performed to their usual high standard. They will be supported by DJ Conrad who usually plays at the pub mellow tunes (Lionel Ritchie, Luther etc) on Sunday afternoons.

On Saturday we have a ROCK NIGHT featuring the Giants of Rock - Metallica, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Dire Straights + some country rock (The Eagles etc)- come prepared to ROCK!

Tonight - Friday it's Club Classics & Rare Groove with Honza & Darren.

We are also having a permanent BBQ on Friday & Saturday nights with a super cook called Beres - come along & but some Jerk Chicken or fish Caribbean style!

Pam[/b]

Pam

08-05-2009 10:52 AM

Omitted the date of the ROCK Night - it's Saturday 23rd May from 9pm. Pam

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Railway Telegraph hasto 53 43,803 29-10-2014 01:59 PM
Last Post: Mr_Numbers