SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
?40k reward for info on local sex attacker/burglar
Ooperlooper

17-11-2007 08:55 AM

A BBC report yesterday says that police believe a recent burglary in South Norwood may be linked to a sex attacker who they've been trying to track down for 16 years, whose attack locations have apparently included Forest Hill:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7097797.stm

I'm probably just suceeding in scaring everyone (the police 'e-fit' is a joke), but I think it's worth noting that there is a ?40k reward for any information leading to arrest and prosecution, so there might be some value in spreading the word.

At least they know he's of Winward Islands descent through forensic tests, which narrows it down a fair bit.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ooperlooper

17-11-2007 09:04 AM

On a slighly more positive note, police have also recently arrested members of a gang apparently responsible for a series of thefts, robberies and violent attacks that included at least one member from Forest Hill.

http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/010..._page.html

Good work, our bobbies.

roz

17-11-2007 11:25 AM

Thanks for warning us, OL, but I'm not sure exactly what word we need to be spreading. Is there a better description somewhere?

As you point out, the e fit isn't exactly helpful. However if I see someone looking like the picture I will be sure to run away as fast as possible....

On the DNA front, its amazing what progress has been made on this leading to some spectacular arrests of late.

Sherwood

18-11-2007 04:53 PM

This suspect attacked someone near me one night. The police heliopter was overhead for a long time.
There is a suspicion this attacker probably worked or works as a careworker.

Ooperlooper

19-11-2007 07:32 AM

Sorry, what I meant was that someone out there somewhere might have some further evidence to come forward with, so it wouldn't hurt to mention the ?40k reward.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields