SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Vinyl
hoppy

15-11-2007 07:53 PM

Someone mentioned in the WHSmith post the good old days when vinyl records could be bought in FH.

Does anyone know of any places in the area (or beyond - I'm desperate) where vinyl is sold? None of your hippety hop stuff, mind - I'm not that desperate!

Thanks
H

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian

15-11-2007 08:02 PM

You got to go to Beanos in Croydon these day's.
There's also one in West Wickham, both are top dollar.
http://www.beanos.co.uk/

We used to have a second hand record shop on Stanstead Rd in the good old day's,
that's gone as well.

One loud voice can make a difference !
ana

15-11-2007 08:48 PM

I pick a lot up from charity shops and also the second hand store on Lee High Road, there is also a record shop in Lewisham market. If anyone has any vinyl they want to off load - I am happy to take it off you.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hoppy

15-11-2007 09:13 PM

I think the Lewisham market one has gone - they have/had a place in New Cross I have heard, but never found it.

I too am interested in any vinyl for private sale. And I pay more than ana does

ana

15-11-2007 09:40 PM

Oh no you won't and I will cherish and love them and play them regularly..... also I can offer drinks too!!! Hoppy would you should organise a record fayre in Honor Oak, I have the space and equiment already - I know there are many a would be DJ in the area always trying to bend my ear. I actually did consider putting a small corner in Visual Eyes for second hand vinyl but wasn't confident that there would be enough interest.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thistleblower

15-11-2007 09:41 PM

Wanted Records in Croydon Road Beckenham...about 300 metres down from the cinema, and on the 194 bus route. A fantastic collection of used cds/vinyl/dvd.

Ian

16-11-2007 01:57 AM

Come to me my children, I have all the vinyl you want.

hoppy

17-11-2007 08:04 PM

hi ana,

sounds interesting. WHat you got in mind?

baggydave

18-11-2007 06:47 PM

Greenwich market, loads of vinyl

Charity shops, best one is probably the Red Cross shop on Goose Green (East Dulwich not the Falklands) - worth a visit in any case

ana

18-11-2007 09:13 PM

hoppy wrote:
hi ana,

Hi Hoppy

I was thinking a few years back of doing a daytime fair at Equal, opening it up on a Saturday daytime from 11am to 5pm say, inviting DJs and others to come and play and also swap/buy records...what do you think? A small ?2 entrance fee to come in etc...
Usually when i do this sort of thing I get soemone to help coordinate for me, it takes about two months to get the word around - if you are interested, come and have a chat with me at equal - i am here daily - so just drop by one evening?

Regards

Ana

Ian

19-11-2007 10:10 AM

ana wrote:

hoppy wrote:
hi ana,

Hi Hoppy

I was thinking a few years back of doing a daytime fair at Equal, opening it up on a Saturday daytime from 11am to 5pm say, inviting DJs and others to come and play and also swap/buy records...what do you think? A small ?2 entrance fee to come in etc...
Usually when i do this sort of thing I get soemone to help coordinate for me, it takes about two months to get the word around - if you are interested, come and have a chat with me at equal - i am here daily - so just drop by one evening?

Regards

Ana

The Gowlett in Peckham do that now.
Bring along your vinyl and play 'em. Saturday's I think.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields