SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Prince2 Project Management Software
Zimmerman

06-02-2011 07:29 PM

Having a qualification.
When asked what qualifications do you have? You might claim to have certain one in a certain field, but it is not worth the paper it is written on, most say only that you had attended a course in that category.
Although you were tested by the Invigilator standing behind you for the duration of the three hour test, not even allowing you to leave to go to the toilet, the document given does not say what marks you attained, or what the course did entail.
To mention a Prince course does indicate to me that you are not qualified, there are so many parts which one did you select to follow, it could be nothing to do with the post offered.
My memories of being on an interview panel for Southwark Borough Council, there was three a S.O. ( Senior Officer ) and two Departmental Managers, one for the department that the candidate was applying, so the list of set questions that were asked, only one of these would know if you were giving the correct answers, this was obvious as the questions asked by the others in the panel had no idea of what was required.
These days if you have taken classes in a subject you can just search and learn the parts you need.

My advice is this, it is what I do.
When entering the room you are to be seated in front of the interview panel.
I enter and go along the group and offer my hand and say Hello, they have no option other than refusing it, once you get a hand shake you have made physical contact with them, and the shake does indicate if they are Masons, you might respond as they expect although you are not a member. If one is, then you answer all questions looking at him, he will think you are an ally and now going to be the most suitable candidate.
A lot of Posts that are advertised give a false version of what is to be your position, get that sorted out before you accept, if it is with Southwark Council, you might envisage a nice central heated office in the newer building only to find that you have a desk facing a door with white tiled walls in a multi occupied office in an ancient building, situated in a remote back street.
As for the job you might never be asked to use those qualifications as you have a position with a very nice name but holds no authority.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Prince2 Project Management Software - roz - 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
RE: Prince2 Project Management Software - Zimmerman - 06-02-2011 07:29 PM