SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Prince2 Project Management Software
shzl400

05-02-2011 01:36 PM

Timothy - I did say it might not be called Prince 3 - they stuck with Prince 2 and merely "refreshed" it with a launch date of June 2009 (you'll note that my previous post is from March of that year).

More details here and elsewhere if you would but take the trouble to look, but for ease of reference, here's an extract explaining why they did not, in the end, change the name to Prince 3:

Quote:
Since I've been appointed as Lead Author for the PRINCE2 Refresh I keep getting asked the same question:

"Will the new version be called PRINCE3?"

I've always suspected not, but at the first meeting of the authoring team last week, OGC confirmed that it will still be called PRINCE2. There are a number of reasons for this, the most notable being:

* The move from PRINCE to PRINCE2 was to recognise the change from an IT Project Management method to a universal Project Management method. The new version of PRINCE2 will continue to be universal. In fact, the requirement for the method to be universally applicable is emphasised in the Mandate.
* The cost to OGC, TSO (publisher), APM Group (accreditation partner), the accredited training/consulting companies and the numerous user organisations to change their collateral (e.g. domain names, website content, brochures, exam papers, training materials, handbooks etc) from PRINCE2 to PRINCE3 is considerable. As with most changes, there should be sufficient benefits to outweigh the costs. In this case there are very few benefits, if any at all.
* OGC also own trademarks for PRINCE® and PRINCE2™ and have policies and mechanisms in place as to how they can be used by third parties. It is not good use of public money to change for change's sake.

So, PRINCE2 it will remain. What the new PRINCE2 will comprise will soon be revealed. Look out for the Scoping Document when it is published in September.

In the mean time, I look forward to receiving more questions. Just no more "Will it be called PRINCE3?" please!

As you say, proper questions deserve proper answers.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Prince2 Project Management Software - roz - 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
RE: Prince2 Project Management Software - shzl400 - 05-02-2011 01:36 PM