SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Prince2 Project Management Software
roz

16-01-2011 01:23 PM

I didn't do the course as shortly after I posted I got a job offer so I thought I'd save the £1000 plus for something else! I have been trying to do it at work but they are not funding any more places due to the cuts.

Most people in my department including fairly junior staff members have both beginner and practitioner level qualifications and I am now the odd one out due to when I started so I am still presenting a case for me to do it as it is a minimum requirement of many public and indeed private sector jobs now - in case I am made redundant again which is not impossible.
Everyone says its like the 'emperor's new clothes/the elephant in the room' ie everyone thinks it is overcomplex and serves little purpose but everyone does it regardless. One of those things that once started no one can really stop.

Good luck with the training course Calvin if you decide to do it. Most courses are done in an intensive way ie you can do both parts in one week but it requires a 9-5 attendance plus work every evening before the exams. I couldn't do it this way for childcare reasons as if something happens you are not allowed to finish the course. I have been trying to get my employer to consider a less intensive distance learning option but thats the obstacle as it means a different supplier. However on the equalities arguments they should be keen to offer a wider range of delivery vehicles.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Prince2 Project Management Software - roz - 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
RE: Prince2 Project Management Software - roz - 16-01-2011 01:23 PM