SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Prince2 Project Management Software
Shizue

06-03-2009 01:45 PM

Hi Roz,

I qualified as a PRINCE2 Practitioner 5 years ago (currently studying the MSP now) and to echo shzl400, its really scalable. I've used a kinda PRINCE2-lite methodology for smaller, simpler projects, whereas for Pan-London IT projects we've used the whole shebang.

Coz its the public sector standard methodology, its useful to do, if only so you understand the terminology and everyone has a standard approach.

I've found that like any methodology, its only as good as the implemention of it. I work in a Programme Management Office made up of dedicated project staff and as we all understand PRINCE2 inside out and use it on a daily basis its a genuinely useful, in fact essential, tool for us. However, I've also sat in on 'projects' where the terminology was used, but with no real application and in those cases, it was used more to confuse other people than actually add any value.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Messages In This Topic
Prince2 Project Management Software - roz - 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM
RE: Prince2 Project Management Software - Shizue - 06-03-2009 01:45 PM