SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pizza Pianeta site
nevermodern

15-11-2007 12:11 PM

The new owner says they're opening within a month.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
loca

15-11-2007 01:04 PM

Did they say what it would open as?

nevermodern

15-11-2007 01:09 PM

In honesty, the man's English wasn't that good! He mentioned pizza, but then when I waved to the dishes mentioned on the cards on the window, he nodded his head encouragingly. I guess we'll wait and see Smile

Ian

15-11-2007 02:10 PM

Oh goody, another Pizza shop, just what we need!

One loud voice can make a difference !
vipes

15-11-2007 02:51 PM

I'd welcome a decent pizzaria with open mouth actually.

However, given the sorry mess that has filled the windows of this place for the last 4 months we'll be lucky if it turns out to be anything more than a conemnable hole serving up the rats that infest it.

Scorpion

15-11-2007 05:48 PM

Excuse my ignorance but I thought since Pizza Pianetta closed down that this was some kind of Turkish Food take away? (as I think I read on another thread here before)
I must admit I have never tried it, in part due to the "neon signs" in the window - did not look too welcoming.
I await, with interest, what it will become (again)

In regards to decent pizza - myself and family like Pizza Palm on the Dartmouth Road - good, tasty pizzas, decent price, and great offers, especially the BOGOF - Buy One Get One Free (collection only) - so yummy, much nicer than others offered from other Pizza places within the local area (IMHO) and definitely worth a stroll (and increased appetite) to pick them up!

Sue

nevermodern

16-11-2007 02:26 PM

The signs in the window say that it's going to be called "Telli Baba". A quick google throws up some interesting results!

http://books.google.com/books?id=ARH9mv4...t5rMtxYX2o

Mrjamon

16-11-2007 06:56 PM

Call me Colombo!
Found a review on Telli Baba in Germany, it was in Deutsch so used an online translator.
Sounds good if you can make any sense of it, pretty funny stuff.
"one the best, if not even the best Turkish lunch in the entire Rhine country daily changing daily courts, whereby one are always vegetarian and on Fridays a court with fish (everything very koestlich). in addition free bread and following black dte (also free) praise been enough are fair and despite constant inflation for 2 years does not increase expressed the friendly service of the coworkers (adem, ali and mehmet) makes visits in telli baba's kebap house to an enormous benefit doener meats is here 1a. as if secrettap in front the red lens soup with (or several) a shot lemon....mhhh... a poem... tries out it times, it werdt it do not repentSmile"

nevermodern

16-11-2007 07:49 PM

hehe...that's great, Mjamon. Thinking back to my conversation with the bloke in the shop, I think he only mentioned pizza after he's possible mentioned 'pide' several times. That's turkish pizza, isn't it?

nevermodern

16-11-2007 08:13 PM

Scorpion, the shop's been vacant since Pizza Pianet closed - just the signs in the window indicating a 'coming soon' status!

Scorpion

20-11-2007 02:33 PM

Ah ok, thankyou Nevermodern - I did wonder. I thought it was a current business and was totally put off by the window display.
Let's hope the coming New Business will be good then.
It's been a while
Like the old Tattoo Parlour (ex Condom Shop in Dartmouth Road - and also the old Compuworld shop ..... still empty plus one or two others in the area - ie the old MacD's site........ fingers crossed, they all get filled soonest)

Sue

PS I heard from someone today that Woolworths had shown interest (amongst others) in the old Blockbusters site (that will now be taken over by William Hill) Anyone know anything about this? I think I would have preferred a store like that rather than another bookmakers. It would have been more fruitful for the area IMHO

nevermodern wrote:
Scorpion, the shop's been vacant since Pizza Pianet closed - just the signs in the window indicating a 'coming soon' status!

PVP

21-11-2007 09:45 AM

Plea for help - upon departing the last train I vainly went in search of the 24 hour non-bagel shop. Can someone please tell me where it is!

Even morley's was closed. I went to sleep a hungry man.

admin
Administrator

21-11-2007 10:04 AM
nevermodern

21-11-2007 10:25 AM

If you're *really* desperate at that time of night, the chicken place on London Road is openUnsure

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pizza Pianeta admin 0 3,497 14-10-2007 08:39 PM
Last Post: admin