SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Bins on Dartmouth Road
Baboonery

05-02-2009 03:29 PM

Those of you who are understandably affronted by the sight of domestic wheelie bins at the lower end of Dartmouth Road may be somewhat comforted to know that the residential waste from the flats concerned has now been folded into Lewisham's scheme to keep shopping areas clean. We can now put our rubbish out in standard issue orange bags for half an hour in the morning and half an hour on certain nights, whereupon it will be picked up by the commercial waste collectors. And the bins have disappeared. Good news all round, I think.

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
petersutton01

06-02-2009 06:28 PM

I am a resident of dartmouth road and had those bags delivered. I am at the top end though. Does this arrangement extend up dartmouth Road? (as far as the pools for example?)

petersutton01

06-02-2009 06:36 PM

....and would you buy any chance know which times/days you are able to put it out?.......

Mbryan1

09-02-2009 10:33 AM

Following the successful pilot scheme in Sydenham High Street last year . We have extended the scheme to cover numbers 1a to 109, 2to 30 Darthmouth Road this commence on Monday 2nd February 2009 However, bins in the passage/alley ways will be kept to the normal collection .which is Tuesday and Thursday

Mbryan1

09-02-2009 10:48 AM

Please place your bags outside the front of your flat at the edge of the kerb for collection. Any bags placed out outside of these times will be in breach of the Environmental Protection Act section 46 and enforcement action could be taken.

Monday - Friday Bags to be placed out by residents between these times Morning 8:30am ? 9:30am

Council collection to take place between these times
10am ? 11am

Please place your bags outside the front of your flat at the edge of the kerb for collection. Any bags placed out outside of these times will be in breach of the Environmental Protection Act section 46 and enforcement action could be taken.

Night Time Collection Bags to be placed out by residents between these times Wednesday ? Sunday

11- pm ? 12 Midnight

Council collection to take place between these times

1 am to 2am

*Night Time Collection - please note that this service runs Wednesday to Sunday only*

zee

12-02-2009 10:07 AM

I live in a flat above the parade of shops by Boots and have not received any orange bags, all the wheelie bins have been removed. I have rung the council twice now: the first time the young lady I spoke to didn't know about the bins, couldn't find any information about it, but said we might be in the 'orange bag scheme' and someone would call me back to confirm. (They haven't and its been a week). So, I called the enviro team again today and the guy told me he hadn't heard anything about the 'orange bag scheme' in the area and told me he was going to order me a new wheelie bin (would take up to 3 MONTHS!!!) and that it was probably taken away because it was damaged. I told him that I doubt it as approx 8 had been removed and explained what I had seen written on here about the orange bag scheme and he still insisted he knew nothing of it. The mind boggles. I have sent an email too now and hope that someone who has any idea of whats going on will get back to me.

Mbryan1

12-02-2009 12:18 PM

Can I have your full address please I will get a member of my staff to delivery orange bags to you later toady

Michael

michael

12-02-2009 12:49 PM

personal details are best sent by Private Message. I have PMed zee to help him/her get started

zee

15-02-2009 08:34 PM

Thanks, looks like my email to the council worked as someone dropped a few rolls of orange bags through my letter box.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields