SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Stolen Siberian Husky Please Help
Michelle

04-02-2009 11:00 PM

My 8yr old blue eyed female Siberian husky was stolen this afternoon from outside Sydenham Green doctor's surgery. (bout 4:30pm ish) She is beautiful and good natured (slightly overweight) She was seen being taken by a child. She is microchipped and has been speyed. The police have been informed and I will put out posters. Please contact me with any information (no matter how insignificant you think it may be) My family and I are desperate to get her back.
Many thanks,
Michelle

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snazy

04-02-2009 11:16 PM

Any pictures at all?
There are a few Malamutes etc in the area inc mine, so would be good if people could have something to go on. Smile

All the best getting her returned asap.

If no pictures, even colour and description of markings would help.

PS will post on a Mal forum I use to spread the word.

roz

05-02-2009 10:04 AM

I'm sorry to hear this- its always distressing to lose a pet. Pictures would be good to assist tracing. I have seen a few of them around and always stop to look as they are so beautiful. Hopefully someone will have seen her.

Snazy

05-02-2009 10:10 AM

Indeed Roz, there are a few crosses, and Malamutes about, so would hate for people (inc me) to be getting challenged in the street by people trying to help.
Fingers crossed there is a happy ending here. Would not expect an 8yr old to be taken for breeding, so hopefully its someone localish who just wants one, and decided to steal it.

This is not the one that lives and gets walked around Dacres Road is it?

Michelle

05-02-2009 11:11 AM

Thank you for all your replies. I have attached a picture of Chloe. It seems absurd for someone should take her. According to witnesses it was a child. I live in Forest Hill but she lives with my parents in Sydenham but I thought it best to posts in both areas just in case.
Many thanks again,
Michelle

roz

05-02-2009 12:03 PM

Hi- no pic attached.

Have you thought of asking at the Savacentre and putting up a picture there- and do you have an accurate description of the child in question?

Also if a child took a dog where is the first place they would go - I was wondering about Mayow Park if thats the nearest place. Even with snow. Or doing a door to door around the local area? Someone must know who the child is.

Snazy

05-02-2009 12:43 PM

Hi Michelle, like Roz says, no picture attached. Could you add maybe a little description of the dog we can get started looking about and watching out.

Did the dog have a tag on its collar. I realise you say its chipped but some people dont know about these things.

Michelle

05-02-2009 03:30 PM

She has been found!!!!
Thank you so much for all your help.
The child who took Chloe gave her to a group of youngsters claiming that she had been a present and he no longer wanted her. The youngsters took her home but fortunately this morning they saw some of the posters we had put up in the Sydenham area offering a reward and returned her.
Thanks again!
A very happy Michelle

Ghis

05-02-2009 03:48 PM

Good news!

Snazy

05-02-2009 05:29 PM

Excellent news Smile Really happy for you.
I will have to keep an eye out for you if I am ever over that way.

Personally (lesson already learnt I know) but I would never leave one of mine outside shops etc, purely because I know how many people show a desire towards this kind of dog.

Splendid that its all turned out ok in the end though Thumbsup

Bonnie Blue

05-02-2009 07:35 PM

Oh I am relievedThumbsup

I was thinking about your dog this morning when I was in Lordship Lane
There was a little dog tethered to a lampost outside a supermarket and he was shaking
I felt so sorry for himSad

billham

05-02-2009 09:14 PM

Really glad to hear this had a happy ending! I noticed it earlier and wanted to post but decided against it in case you thought it was someone with positive word! I guess you won't be leaving her outside shops too much now! Smile

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields