SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Vandalism - Devonshire Road and Woodcombe Crescent
Holly

17-04-2009 04:19 PM

On a similar note, I had a tree stolen from my garden last weekend, a lovely lemon conifer which although not that expensive it is too much for me to replace.

I am trying to make my little bit of concrete look a little nicer, not only for me but for those who walk by and can see in. (corner of devonshire on the south circular) To do this i am using old shoes as pots and anything that can be filled, so when I treated my self to a few nice sized pots and a tree i was very excited - even checked on it everynight on my way home from work.

Sometime over the bank holiday weekend someone else took a liking to it and it is gone. Not worth enough to report to the police but upsetting all the same.Crying

Because of this I no longer want to spend money/time on the area incase it is again taken which means i am staring out of my kitchen window onto the southcircular and a concreate mess.

Why do people think that they can just take what they like?!

My mini rant is over now *honest*

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superdanpl

17-04-2009 05:31 PM

Holly,

I completely understand how you feel. Why would someone do that? The worst thing about it is that it wears you down to the point where you are unwilling to spend any more cash for fear of more damage, and that is just not right. I think a lot of the time it's a case of kids on the street with nothing to do but cause mischief, without really understanding the implications of what they are doing. In some ways I'd rather believe that were the case and not the actions of an adult.

When you say it's too much for you to replace, do you mean it's too heavy? If that is the case I will gladly give you a hand replanting it, I live further down Dev Rd with my girlfriend.

Don't let them win.

eleven

17-04-2009 09:31 PM

Holly,
Just to say: I absolutely love your shoe/plant collection. First time I saw it, it really made my day. I'm sure I won't have been the only person you made smile. Thank you!

brian

18-04-2009 09:19 AM

As I said spent 23 happy years in Devonshire Road and certainly was not the worst road in SE23 , or anywhere near.
I know there are problems but we should be positive about a mainly hospitable road.

Holly

23-04-2009 04:35 PM

Hi Eleven,
I'm glad that the shoes made your day, not sure that they are really practical but got to try these things.Cool

Thankyou superdanpl for your kind offer, think i will wait until payday and the sales before attempting anymore garden shenanagans.

Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields

Possibly Related Topics ...
Topic: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone else lost their mains water around Woodcombe Crescent/Devonshire Road? Jane_D 27 26,333 10-03-2014 12:24 PM
Last Post: Triangle
  Pavement obstruction on Woodcombe Crescent tttttttttttttt 2 5,149 07-06-2010 11:06 AM
Last Post: borderpaul
  Leak on corner of Waldram Crescent and Devonshire Road Jon Lloyd 5 8,640 14-04-2008 07:49 AM
Last Post: admin
  Gang of young men -Ewelme Road /Woodcombe Crescent area roz 5 7,658 23-02-2008 11:54 PM
Last Post: Sherwood