SE23.com - The Official Forum for Forest Hill & Honor Oak, London SE23
Online since 2002   11,000+ members   72,000+ posts

Home | SE23 Topics | Businesses & Services | Wider Topics | Offered/Wanted/Lost/Found | About SE23.com | Advertising | Contact | |
 Armstrong & Co Solicitors

Post Reply  Post Topic 
Protest outside The Honor Oak Pub
rbmartin

25-02-2023 06:24 PM

There was a protest earlier outside The Honor Oak Pub against a children's story time activity provided by a drag artist which closed Brockley Rise at the Stanstead Road end on Saturday morning.

ITV News covered the story.

https://youtu.be/5z5vvYf85xE

Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StuartG

25-02-2023 07:09 PM

Bit of a disappointment for TurningPointUK if you judge it by numbers. But I guess they won't see it that way.

Stuart

rbmartin

24-04-2023 11:42 PM

Another protest is planned for Saturday outside the pub.

taymountgrange

25-04-2023 12:06 PM

Lol, for as long as I can remember, there's always been a Dame in pantomime.

A bit before my time, but in the Shakespearian era when women were not permitted to perform, female roles were always performed by men Dressed (to) Resemble A Girl (DRAG)

Certainly, the sooner you introduce anyone to the beautiful and diverse world of all humans, the more tolerant and understanding they will be. Seems there are some people who have just woken up in 2023.

Just because someone is different to you, it is in no way a threat to you or your way of life. unless you are running a punch Judy puppet show for children in the local pub, I can see how this might of been unwelcomed competition.

Seems there is a little bit far right thinking by a small handful in Forest Hill. I encourage those to examine why it is you feel this way, there will be a reason. Once you find it, it will free you of the wasted energy which has been controlling you for so long.

Friends of Blythe Hill Fields